Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Report Builder 2.0 (bit of a mouthful isn’t it?) has now been released and is available for download here.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Report Builder 2.0 delivers an intuitive, Office-like report authoring environment enabling business and power users to leverage their experience with Microsoft Office 2007 products. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Report Builder 2.0 supports the full capabilities of SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services including:
- Flexible report layout capabilities of SQL Server 2008 Report Definition Language
- Data Visualizations including charts and gauges
- Richly formatted textboxes
- Export to Microsoft Office Word format
Features specific to Report Builder 2.0 are focused on simplifying the process of creating and editing reports and queries and include the following:
- Easy to use wizards for creating table, matrix and chart data regions
- Support for directly opening and editing reports stored on the report server
- Support for using server resources such as shared data sources
- Query designers for multiple data sources including a Microsoft SQL Server-specific query designer
Note; The title says SQL 2008 and is misleading, as you can use this to target SQL 2000, 2005 and a whole host of other databases like Oracle and Microsoft Access.